Thursday, April 26, 2012

Could a house fan be used to cool my video card well?

I leave my case open under my desk. I have a small house fan under neath my desk that points into my open computer case.



The house fan is strong, its one of those 2 feet tall house fans that is used to cool the room on a hot day.



My video card already has a fan on it but, would this method of cooling my PC and video card work?|||i dont see why it wouldnt work but if your trying to use that to replace the fan on the video card itself than no.The fan on the video card is attached right to it so a house fan about 12 in. away cannot replace it.|||YES! Back when I used to overclock, I noted huge drops in ambient, GPU, and CPU temperatures when aiming a large house fan into my case! Ghetto but worked very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment