Thursday, April 26, 2012

Looking for PCI slot cooling fan?

...the problem is I have a small form factor pc with only one slot left.



I am looking for something that will help keep my already packed line of business machine cool with a fan that will increase my cfm to the whole case. I am not looking for something that just cools the neighboring video card.



I had to get a new video card because the mobo one went out (I think) due to high case temps.|||I wanted to buy a PCI slot fan

but in lebanon thats 30$

so i thought a fan is 2$ and i have some holes on the side of my case

so i added a 80mm fan there and it solved my problem

later i added 2 180mm fan one in the front and one in the rear the front fan gives the air inside and the rear outside

i then added a 120mm fan on top of my cpu so

3 fans give air inside and one gives outside

my pc now started at 30 degreese idle

and all in all it cost onlt 7$|||No need to put anything in the PCI slot, just change out one of the fans in the front or rear (or add one) of the case. You can usually get one with a higher CFM than stock fans. What kind of heat are we talking about here? Is it dirty? Try cleaning it, that usually gets rid of the heat.



If you've already lost a GPU on the chipset, it probably wasn't the heat. It's probably just old and over used, or the heatsink broke away from the thermal paste on the GPU. Rather than popping in fans, I'd start making preparations for getting a new machine and transferring data. That machine won't last forever, and the next thing to go will probably be the hard drives, which means you lose everything.



From the sounds of things, you could probably get 10 times the machine for around $7-800.|||Even though you have a small form factor pc you make it sound like it is not an integrated graphics card. Maybe something like what is at the link below will work. Tough to tell with out more details. You will need an open slot in the back and the proper plug for power to run this. Hope this helps. Good Luck.



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000233…|||If you're Integrated GPU is bad, pretty much the whole thing is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment