Friday, April 27, 2012

I need help with cooling my video card?!?

My Video card is too hot, it causes my PC to shut down sometimes. I need a cooling fan for the back of it (the place it gets hot) BUT this is my Motherboard--http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mo…

and I have a PCIe card in (the one getting too hot) and I can't put a fan in a PCI cause it wouldnt do much...would it?

How can I cool my video card?|||i suggest installing more fans ON THE CASE.



or if u are kinda tight opn the budget, why not just open the case. if ur in an air conditioned room, then no problem.



if not, open the case anyway and poin an electric fan inside. that should help.|||A very simple way is to place a fan in front of your computer this will blow all the hot air out the back of the computer, just a desk top size fan should do it. Make sure you computer has some space around it and not enclosed to much. Also look at your fans in your casing they may be full of dust. Take the side panel off and very gently hoover the dust out or use a compressed air can which you can buy from a computer shop. Look to see if your card can handle the games you are playing this can also cause your card to heat up.|||Since you are the owner of a junk motherboard (In my opinion) i would say that your graphics card is NOT your problem.



I would be looking at the temp of the CPU as it's a more likely cause of your random shut downs. An overheating Video card usually causes games to freeze and applications to crash.



An under size or failing Power Supply is another possibility.|||YOUR VIDEO CARD SHOULDN'T OVER HEAT NO MATTER WHAT. YOU CAN TRY CLEANING IT OFF, IF THERE IS DUST TRAPPED IN THE HEAT SINK. ALSO CLEAN OFF THE CPU HEATSINK, THAT WOULD CAUSE IT TO SHUT DOWN I DON'T THINK A VIDEO CARD CAN SHUT DOWN A COMPUTER FROM OVERHEATING.|||More fans in case, you could get one of those spot coolers, you may be able to fit a PCI-slot fan on there and blow air directly onto your GPU, you could grab an aftermarket VGA cooler.|||They make slot coolers to go next to your video card. I'd try removing it and cleaning it with compressed air first.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||Blow on it lmfao or get a small handheld fan that sprays water lmfao



Seriously, you could mod a intercooler to fit inside your comp. That's what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment