Friday, April 27, 2012

I want to liquid cool, do I only need to liquid cool my video card and processor?

Do I really need to cool anything else than my video card and processor? I could get stuff for my memory but I think a silent fan cooling adapter would be plenty enough. I want to overclock my i7 920 and Sapphire 5870. Also would you recommend separate coolers for the card and processor? Like each have their own radiator and water block?\.|||GPU and processor are the only things that may get hot enough to warrant liquid cooling. And the cpu only needs exotic cooling if you are overclocking it. If you aren't it's just a waste of money.



The "correct" way to cool is making the water flow from the hottest component to the least hottest component. Then of course back to the radiator to cool, through the reservoir, and back again. Just get a big radiator, like one that takes up two 80mm fan spaces. In most computer cases that are meant for gaming, there are spaces for two fans right next to each other. That's the perfect spot for a double radiator. Never a need for multiple reservoirs. And obviously, the cpu and gpu each have their own waterblock that makes contact with that particular component. When you said "each have their own waterblock", I think you meant reservoir, because everything that needs to be cooled needs a waterblock.|||Intel doesn't allow overclocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment