Friday, April 20, 2012

Will taking stock heatsink and fan off video card and applying arctic silver 5 cool my video card down?

Will taking stock heatsink and fan off video card and applying arctic silver 5 cool my video card down using same stock hsf? Will it lower the temp of the core? I have Ati 9800np agp video card. What temp drop should I be expecting?|||It'll lower the core temperature, but only marginally. I recently tried this with my Core2 Duo E6600 and my Zalmann HSF. I found that it cooled it down about two, maybe three degrees Celsius under load. For a video card, however, you're probably not going to see too much of a change. For this kind of procedure, I'd actually look at getting a new video card HSF altogether, as the stock fans on some ATI cards tend to be kinda rubbish.|||Unless you really know what your doing I would advise against this due to the fact you will not gain alot of performance from it and risk not applying the right amount which could cause problems. I would suggest increasing your airflow into and out of your case and also make sure the case is kept clean.|||Maybe a few degrees. Do you have a case fan? Why do you think you are having heat problems? There are after market video card coolers that work well. You might investigate. I like ZALMAN VF700-CU. With a little Artic Silver, this will cool it. You can buy it at www.newegg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment