Friday, April 27, 2012

Fan Loud on Video Card - Manual Fan Speed Does Not work?

Video Card - ASUS 9800gt Ultimate It's a dual slot video card with a better cooling system. Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… The cooling system is the same as the "EVGA Akimbo Cooler."



Whenever I start up a game the fan speed increases and the fan gets very loud (can hear it in more than 1 room in house). Once I exit the game, the fan after a minute or so becomes quiet again.



I used ASUS Smartdoctor to manually adjust fan speed and automatically adjust fan speed and both didn't work. Manual worked until I started a game, and fan went to becoming loud again.



Uninstalled Smartdoctor, installed Nvidia nTune results were same as above.



I don't know why the manual fan speed setting doesn't keep a consistent noise level. No matter what I do the fan ends up reaching the same loud noise level.|||When you're playing a game, the graphics card is working harder than usual - thus producing more heat so the fan is trying to cool it down. You may need to improve general circulation in your computer by adding case fans and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment