Friday, April 20, 2012

Should I send my video card in to be fixed or go for cooling?

My card is a en9800GTX+. When I used the program Speedfan I saw that my GPU was coming in at 100 degrees celsius, so I tried opening the side cover and using a large desk fan to cool it down and get the air flowing. This brought it down to about 80 degrees celsius with a full load with a game running, but that is still really high. What I therefore would like to know is whether I should send it in to be checked, or if I just need to invest in some hardcore cooling systems?|||If you've got the space you can just put a graphics card fan on top.|||Sounds like you need more computer case fans.



those video cards will tell you if they are going to burn up. but 100C is very hot.



If that tempature was while it was playing a video game then thats pretty normal. if thats what its tempature is while it was just sitting there idle then yes i'd say try to return it and get another card.





hehe pretty much the reason why i only buy BFG/evga. Never had a TMI problem with those two brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment