Friday, April 27, 2012

Where can i have my Video card fan replaced?

Okay i've googled it a lot and read a ton of guides on how to replace the video card fan and it looks WAY too technical for me, i'd mess it up completely, where would be a good place to have someone do this for me? I live in the UK.



Also, i have a big fan, aimed at my open computer (the side of the case is off), so it cools down quicker as the fan gets really loud when it starts getting warm. But now the fan i have is kicking the dust, is it okay to continue running my computer when my Video cards fan starts getting really loud? The heatsink on the video card is slightly warm but not hot, is that safe?|||Just sounds like the fan is going bad,if the heat sink is just warm to the touch then I would say the card itself is fine,you need a fan replacement....DO you have any type of warranty on the card?If so you could RMA it....If not find a local pc shop,they should be able to fix it pretty quickly and should not cost much at all......



Last option if all else fails, buy a new video card.......





Scott|||What type of card is it? Depending, you may be able to check the temperature. If it is getting >65c or so at maximum load, then it is getting too hot. If the heatsink is just warm, it is probably OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment